- Why Hungate?What makes Hungate special?
- Our CottagesChoose from 11
- The AreaIn & Around Pickering
- AvailabilityDon't miss out
- NewsNews & Events
- ContactGet in Touch
Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Hungate Cottages?
Guests have been returning for over 30 years to Hungate Cottages. They tell us that is because our luxury 4 star holiday cottages are ideally located close enough to the centre of town to have the full range of local amenities within walking distance whilst still being in a quiet enough area to retain the countryside feel. Likewise the town of Pickering is situated on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors but close enough to the East Coast, York, Castle Howard and many other great attractions to offer a huge range of activities and days out all within easy travelling distance. North Yorkshire is a wonderful holiday destination and will endear the whole family.
They also love the quiet peaceful, very comfortable cottages, all centrally heated and beautifully furnished. Each self-catering cottage is well-equipped and maintained with an eye to detail by its own housekeeper. All our cottages have either log fires or wood-burning stoves and are set in award-winning colourful gardens. Read more about what makes a self-catering holiday at Hungate so special on our Specially Hungate page.
You will not need a car to go shopping or to dine out as the excellent shops, restaurants and Inns in Pickering are just 4 minutes walk away. Also by foot you can reach the steam railway which starts at Pickering station, the Royal Castle, the Beck Isle Museum and the famous wall paintings in the Church.
- Prices include heating, electricity, full linen, towels and tea towels. Free logs in winter (1 basket a day)
- Many cottages have two or more bath/shower rooms - providing more privacy
- Free superfast fibre-optic wireless broadband access for browsing, streaming movies or sports events.
- Free swimming in Pickering's superb pool, just 3 minutes walk away
- Free access to the magnificent Dalby Forest for walking and cycling
- For guests staying a week or more, free access to Ryedale Folk Museum at Hutton-le-Hole
- Dogs are welcome year round in Saltersgate, The Carrs, Hungate Garden Cottage, Lockton, Levisham and Bransdale at £25 per week (or part of a week) for one dog and £60 for 2 dogs
- Enclosed playground and Wendy house for younger children
- Facilities for the disabled in Hungate Garden Cottage
- Hungate is open all year round for short breaks and weekly holidays
People who care
Hungate is a family run business and is thus maintained with the care and attention to detail that you would expect from a homeowner. Each cottage is the responsibility of a housekeeper who takes pride in it as if it were their own home and the whole site is supervised by our managers Rachel and Richard Smith whose office is on site.